How To Buy A Home In Las Vegas
Buying a home can be a complicated at times, especially when dealing with short sales or distressed foreclosure properties.
Plenty has changed in our local real estate market over the past several years, so we have outlined the steps involved in working with a real estate agent to find the best deal and get an offer accepted on a home.
The Steps Involved In Buying A Home:
- Get pre-qualified for a mortgage (unless you are buying with cash)
- Choose a Neighborhood
- Choose the Type and Style of your home
- Preview properties online
- Select a real estate agent to represent you
- Make an offer on a property
- Negotiate on a final purchase price
- Have the property appraised and inspected
- Sign final closing documents
- Close on your purchase transaction
The bullets above are obviously a simple outline of the homebuying process. There is a lot more to know about mortgages, title and escrow, appraisals, home inspections, selecting the right real estate agent, purchasing short sales or foreclosures….
Our goal with this Las Vegas home buyer section is to help prepare you with all of the information you need so that you will have the confidence you need to make an informed decision about the next home you buy in Southern Nevada.
The following tabs on this page break down the details with summaries and links to more comprehensive articles about each one of the steps above.
And please feel free to Call our team at 702-252-5285 if you have any questions about changes in the Las Vegas real estate market or want to tour a few properties you find.